07 5月 Foundry Tip Cavity
Foundry Tip Cavity is used for During the aluminum strip casting process. Molten aluminum is fed from the elongated casting tip (or “discharge nozzle”) into the nip between two counter-rotating water-cooled rolls.
The molten aluminum is cooled when it comes into contact with the rolls and cools as it passes between the rolls, thereby forming a wide cast metal strip of uniform thickness.
As long as the liquid metal is supplied to the casting machine, the casting process can proceed continuously.
Foundry Tip Cavity is usually made of a low-density ceramic material that can withstand the wear and thermal shock associated with contact with liquid aluminum, such as a ceramic fiber board formed into the necessary shape.
Because of the low density of these materials, their thermal conductivity is very low (usually less than 0.18 W/mK), and can provide a certain degree of thermal insulation for the liquid aluminum in the Caster Tip.
However, after a period of production, they may be subject to chemical attack and wear. This can lead to the formation of various impurities within the tip structure, and eventually lead to premature stop of the casting movement.
The aluminum casting rolling mill includes two rollers, an upper roller and a lower roller. The non-stick aluminum casting nozzle is set in the gap between the upper and lower rollers. The Feed Caster Nozzle includes two casting nozzle pieces, which are the upper and lower rollers. The upper nozzle piece adjacent to the roller and the lower nozzle piece adjacent to the lower roller. As the production time continues, some carbon deposits and fine particles may accumulate on the upper and lower nozzle pieces These slags will eventually form dark lines and scratches on the surface of the aluminum plate, which will seriously affect the surface quality of the aluminum plate. These defects are difficult to eliminate by conventional means. In order to overcome these shortcomings, the traditional method is to re-rise the slab, that is, remove the slag after the production is stopped and re-produce. However, the re-raising will greatly affect the production efficiency and significantly increase the production cost.
Preparation work before using Feed Caster Nozzle
1. Adjust the temperature of the molten aluminum in the standing furnace to 750℃±10℃ (the upper limit is taken in winter, and the lower limit is taken in summer).
2.Check whether the runner system is tightly integrated, and put all kinds of vertical plate tools in the right place.
3. Adjust the graphite spraying limit according to the board width, and assemble the front box thermocouple.
4. Start the machine train to check whether the system of each part of the equipment is normal (cooling water).
Feeder Casting Tip position adjustment
1. Lift the grilled casting nozzle assembly to the casting and rolling mill, and align the position on the casting nozzle platform.
2. Adjust the horizontal position of the nozzle to an appropriate value
3. Slowly move the casting nozzle to the roll gap, adjust the vertical and horizontal positions to reach the predetermined length of the casting zone, and observe the best state of the gap between the casting nozzle and the upper and lower rolls.