12 4月 Ceramic Foam Filter Uses Filtration
Ceramic Foam Filter Uses Filtration which is one of the important processes of casting technology or aluminum melt, and can be used for metal filtration in the casting process of large aluminum melting and casting industries and small foundries.
Ceramic foam filter supplier AdTech provides CFF, which has better filtering effect and is suitable for filtering inclusions in molten aluminum. It has the following advantages.
Ceramic Foam Filter Uses Filtration
1. Filter the inclusions in the casting, reduce the gas in the casting, reduce the turbulence when filling the molten metal, reduce the surface defects of the casting, and significantly reduce the rejection rate of the casting.
2. Improve the compressibility of the casting, increase the elongation and tensile strength, and improve the surface finish of the casting. Improve the fluidity of molten metal, improve the filling ability and shrinking ability of castings.
3. Simplify the design of the pouring system. The length of the runner is shortened, and the yield of the casting process is improved.
4. Reduce processing time and tool damage, and improve the surface quality of castings.
5. It has high high temperature working strength, thermal shock resistance and metal flow impact resistance. There is no slag or cracking during work, which ensures the filtering quality of molten metal.
Inclusions in aluminum melt
The existence of non-metallic inclusions in aluminum melt is not conducive to the production of high-quality castings. The mechanical properties of high-strength aluminum alloys are very sensitive to nicks or defects in the casting.
The ceramic foam filter effectively reduces the level of inclusions and the subsequent notch effect caused by the inclusions. Traditional techniques for removing inclusions are ineffective, and the use of metal or fiber barriers is not enough to keep metals away from harmful non-metals.
High-quality castings often limit the acceptability of surface defects found in dye penetrant inspection. Studies have shown that the level of such defects is reduced when ceramic foam filtration is involved. It has been noted that the indications are significantly reduced or completely eliminated.
Another benefit of using ceramic foam filters is that it reduces non-metallic x-ray evidence. In these cases, the presence of x-ray defects is often the basis for rejecting expensive castings. The most important benefit is the reduction of defects visible in areas designated as “structural critical”.
Ceramic Foam Filter Uses Filtration, we provide two types of ceramic foam filters: PAl and PZr. They all have a three-dimensional connected grid structure and have the following characteristics.
High temperature resistance-the material should not crack or crack when it is preheated or in contact with molten metal. This material should have low thermal expansion to reduce the transverse compressive stress in the filter bowl.
Corrosion resistance-the filter material should not have significant chemical activity within the expected application range (time, temperature, alloy content), and should not be wetted by molten aluminum and its conventional alloys.
Appropriate bending and compressive strength.
Profitability is in the manufacturing industry.
The filter material after use should be handled and disposed of safely.
Low density or light weight facilitates the work of the operator of the pouring span.