22 12月 Foundry Filter for Casting
Foundry Filter for Casting is one of the core components of molten metal filtering device, used for filtering and purifying molten aluminum.
Foundry Filter is a new type of porous functional ceramic material, which is covered with crisscross capillary pores (about 1 to 10 microns in diameter).
This is the channel for molten aluminum. This component is called the board base layer.
The ingredients of Foundry Filter are Alumina and other materials.
Foundry Filter for Casting is basically divided into 6 pore sizes: 10PPI, 15PPI, 20PPI, 25PPI, 30PPI, and 40PPI. The larger the number, the smaller the aperture. But in actual practice, the four types of 10PPI 20PPI 30PP 40PPI can meet the needs of customers.
1. The casting: 10～25ppi
2. Semi-continuous casting: 30～60ppi
3. High-quality aluminum or sheet: 50～60ppi
4. Continuous casting and rolling: 50～60p
Alcan reported that Foundry Filter works very well
1. Filtration accuracy includes fine filtration, microfiltration, ultrafiltration, nanofiltration, and reverse osmosis, with good results.
2. High mechanical strength, stable chemical performance, good wear resistance, low resistance, anti-caking, easy to recoil, easy to clean.
3. High efficiency, high output, beautiful arrangement of filter mesh holes, uniform and neat.
Knowledge advantages of Alcan Products-Foundry Filter
1. Adopting the principle of adsorption, it can effectively remove large inclusions in molten aluminum, and effectively adsorb small inclusions.
2. No slag drop, effectively reducing the pollution of molten aluminum.
3. Good thermal shock resistance and improved resistance to molten metal corrosion.
4. Improve surface quality, improve product performance, and improve microstructure.
Foundry Filter can effectively remove a large amount of impurities in molten aluminum and adsorb micron-level fine particles, which can improve surface quality, improve product performance, improve microstructure and increase yield. It is widely used in aluminum, aluminum foil, aluminum alloy and other production fields.
Foundry Filter instructions
Check and clean the debris on the surface of the molten aluminum filtering device to keep the molten aluminum filtering device clean and intact.
Gently place the Foundry Filter in the filter box, and then manually press the gasket on the filter plate to prevent the aluminum liquid from flowing or floating.
Preheat molten aluminum filtering device and Foundry Filter evenly to make it close to the temperature of molten aluminum. The preheating temperature of Foundry Filter is not lower than 260℃.
Preheating to remove adsorbed water helps to temporarily open the pores of the Foundry Filter and prevents heat from rising and shrinking to block certain pores in the Foundry Filter. Preheating can be electric heating or gas heating. Normal heating is 15-30 minutes.