31 7月 Al2O3 Foam Foundry Filter
Al2O3 Foam Foundry Filter
Al2O3 Foam Foundry Filter basic structure and classification
Al2O3 Foam Foundry Filter for Aluminium and filtration consists of a base plate, a surface film, a water outlet, a positioning seat, and the like.
Al2O3 Foam Foundry Filter for the Aluminium and filtration is the core component of the ceramic filter.
It is a new type of porous functional ceramic material.
It is filled with criss-crossing capillary pores (about 1 to 10 microns in diameter).
They are the filtrate (water). Channel, this component is called the board base layer.
The components of the ceramic filter plate include corundum, silicon carbide and other materials.
outlet, positioning base main components are stainless steel or polymer material.
The wetting behavior between liquid aluminium and substrates made from industrial Al2O3 Foam Ceramic Filter(CFF) was investigated.
The same CFF filters were also tested in plant scale filtration experiments.
The wetting experiment results show that the SiC based filter material is better wetted by liquid aluminium than the Al2O3 based filter material.
This indicates that the improved wetting of aluminium on a filter material is an advantage for molten metal to infiltrate the filter during priming.
Also, better wetting of Al-filter might increase the removal efficiency of inclusions during filtration due to better contact between filter and metal.
Non-wetted inclusions are easier to be removed.
Al2O3 Foam Foundry Filter Advantages
The use of foam ceramic filter plates to purify aluminum liquids has several distinct advantages for aluminum alloy profile manufacturers:
1. Increase extrusion productivity
When using the filter plate to purify the 6063 alloy extrusion blank, we tracked a specific mold and found that the extrusion speed increased by about 20% and the productivity increased by nearly 15%.
2. Extend mold life and reduce the number of mold repairs.
3. Reduce the pressing force
When the filter plate was used to purify the 6063 alloy melt, it was found that the extrusion force was more than 3% lower than the unfiltered.
4. Significantly improved the surface quality of the aluminum profile.
From the above. The use of a foamed ceramic filter plate to purify the aluminum melt has tremendous advantages in terms of reducing production costs and improving product quality.
Correct selection of filter plates can improve the cleanliness of aluminum melt
The selection of the ceramic foam filter plate is firstly determined according to the amount of impurities in the aluminum melt and the degree of quality required for the final cast product of the melt transfer flow rate.
1. The amount of impurities is high, and the quality of the cast product is general. The foam ceramic filter plate with larger mesh mesh can be selected, and a glass fiber cloth coarse filter is added in front of the filter plate.
At this time, semi-continuous casting is important for coarse filtration with a glass cloth. It can intercept the slag from the opening of the eye and the slag washed out by the launder to prevent clogging of the filter plate.
2. The quality of cast products is high. The new type of foam ceramics with small mesh mesh is selected, such as aluminum foil blank, high quality hot rolled slab, high quality military aluminum, high quality industrial profile, 30ppi. And 60ppi / size 305x305x50, 381x381x50, 432x432x50, 508x508x50 two-stage filtration technology, to achieve the desired cleanliness, get good results.
3. The specification of the filter plate is determined by the flow rate and total throughput of the melt. The flow rate is large, the total throughput is large, and the filter plate has small holes, and a larger size is selected.
Select the Filter should also look at its color, shoot its body, burn its contents.
1. The color is pure and no impurity, indicating that the material is uniform.
Do not stick your hands, indicating that the surface is not sprayed with adhesive and will not cause secondary pollution.
2. With one hand holding the filter plate, the other hand with the applause type, slap the filter plate with ease, and continuously drop the ceramsite residue, indicating that it is a poor quality filter plate, which will cause secondary pollution of aluminum liquid.
3. Use an open flame or electric heating to heat up to red. Immediately cool at room temperature without cracking and slag, indicating a good filter plate.
The effective specific surface area or porosity calculation of the foam should be carefully evaluated when purchasing the filter.
1. Observe the homogenization state of the surface layer of the filter plate, and then observe the homogenization state of the cross-section mesh.
2. Calculate the porosity by using the drainage method.
3. The three-dimensional mesh is homogeneous and the porosity is relatively large, which